Welcome to the Class of 2017 & Incoming Transfer Students!!
We’re so excited to have you as a part of the Mason community. Hopefully we’ll get the chance to meet some of you during the summer orientations. For those attending the two-day Freshman Orientations, we’ll be having a Patriot Information Session on Day One in the afternoon at 3:15pm in JC Room F. Additionally, our very own Student Body President & Vice President will be making a special appearance on Day 2! For those attending Transfer Orientation – feel free to ask any of the Student Involvement representatives about Student Government for more information.
Just as a reminder – we reserve 10 Senate seats for our Fall election ONLY for freshman and transfer students! The Fall timeline is below, but if you have any questions about the election process, please feel free to email SGEDC@gmu.edu. If you’re interested in joining a different branch either through the Executive Cabinet OR the Elections & Disputes Commission, please see the application on our homepage OR email SG@gmu.edu. Thank you!
FALL ELECTION TIMELINE:
- September 9th @ 12pm – Election Packets Available in the Office of Student Involvement, The HUB, Suite 2300 (middle floor)
- September 20th @ 12pm – Election Packets DUE in the Office of Student Involvement, The HUB, Suite 2300 (middle floor)
- September 27th – Candidates Notified of their candidacy status
- October 3rd @ 5pm – MANDATORY Candidate Meeting, Mason Hall, Room D5 (UPDATED: 8/27)
- October 7th @ 12:01am – Campaign Season BEGINS for Fall candidates
- October 15th @ 12am – Elections Open on getconnected.gmu.edu
- October 17th @ 12am – Elections Close on getconnected.gmu.edu
- October 17th – Announce Election Results
- ALL Candidates will be emailed directly before 12pm and the results will also be posted at the front of the Office of Student Involvement, as well as on the Student Government website – sg.gmu.edu
- October 17th – Elected Candidates 1st Senate Meeting at 4:30pm in Mason Hall Room D3
- October 27th – Mandatory Fall Retreat for all Student Government members (UPDATED: 8/27)