Spring 2014 Candidates Announced:
On Wednesday, March 5 students were notified of their candidacy for the Spring 2014 Student Government elections. There are 35 candidates for the Student Senate (of which there are 30 seats available) and 4 Executive tickets for the Student Body President & Vice President positions. To view a list of the official candidates, please visit: HERE. Any questions regarding the candidates and the election process should be directed to the Elections & Disputes Commission at SGEDC@gmu.edu.
2014 Election Code & Spring Timeline PASSED!
On January 30, 2014 the Student Senate approved & passed the 2014 Election Code from the Elections & Disputes Commission. The 2014 Election Code goes into affect for the Spring & Fall 2014 election. To find the FINAL version of the 2014 Election Code, please click HERE. Please direct any questions to the EDC at SGEDC@gmu.edu. The final timeline is below:
For the Spring 2014 General Election, the EDC is planning to adhere to the following timeline.
- Candidacy packets available: Monday, February 17 2014 at 12 Noon in the Office of Student Involvement, The HUB, Suite 2300
- Completed Candidacy Packets due: Friday, February 28 2014 at 12 Noon in the Office of Student Involvement, The HUB, Suite 2300
- Candidacy Notifications emailed: Wednesday, March 5 2014
- MANDATORY Candidate Meeting: Thursday, March 6 2014 at 3pm in the JC Gold Room (Ground Floor)
- Campaign Period begins: Monday, March 17 2014 at 12:01am
- Executive Debate and Candidate Forum: Thursday, March 27 2014 at 7:30pm in the JC Atrium
- Voting Period begins: Monday, March 31 2014 at 12:00am on getconnected.gmu.edu
- Voting Period ends: Friday, April 4 2014 at 11:59 pm
- Public Announcement and Certification of Results: Monday, April 7 2014 at 12 Noon in the JC Atrium