Join the George Mason Student Government on April 12th for the 2nd Annual BIG Event! The BIG Event is a day of service and volunteerism sponsored by offices across GMU’s campus! Students have the opportunity to make a difference and give back to the community through service projects on-campus and at local parks! The volunteer projects include:
- Fairfax Lake Park: Clean up the lake and stream from trash and debris, and install and spread mulch at playground and amphitheater.
- “Take Back the Forest” at Nottoway Park: Remove invasive species, replant native species, and clean-up trash and debris.
- On-Campus Sustainability Projects:
- Innovation Food Forest – Weeding, mulching, planting, and clean-up of trash and debris.
- Potomac Heights Vegetable Garden – Weeding, mulching, planting, and clean-up of trash and debris.
- Mason Stream Beds Clean-Up – Walking along the streams on the Mason campus, and picking up the litter and debris.
- Sunrise Senior Living Center: Assist with hosting a game day and brunch.
Register for the BIG Event and make a difference! Visit https://www.facebook.com/GMUBigEvent to register and “Like” our page! For any further questions, contact Evan Del Duke at firstname.lastname@example.org.