Every Fall, 10 seats in the Student Senate are reserved for freshman & transfer students ONLY! The Fall election timeline is below, but if you have any questions, please feel free to email SGEDC@gmu.edu. If you’re interested in joining a different branch either though the Executive Cabinet OR the Elections & Disputes Commission, please email SG@gmu.edu. Thank you!
For the Fall 2014 Freshman & Transfer Election, the EDC is planning to adhere to the following timeline:
- SEPTEMBER 2nd at 12pm – Election packets available in the Office of Student Involvement, located in The HUB, Suite 2300 (middle floor)
- SEPTEMBER 12th at 12pm – Election packets DUE back to the Office of Student Involvement, located in The HUB, Suite 2300 (middle floor)
- SEPTEMBER 17th – Candidates notified of their candidacy status
- September 18th – MANDATORY Candidate Meeting, 3pm, JC Meeting Room D
- September 22nd at 12:01am – Campaigning BEGINS for Fall candidates
- September 30th at 12:00am – Elections OPEN on getconnected.gmu.edu
- October 1st at 11:59pm – Elections CLOSE on getconnected.gmu.edu
- OCTOBER 2nd by 12:00pm – Election Results Announced – ALL Candidates will be emailed directly before 12pm and the results will also be posted at the front of the Office of Student Involvement, as well as on the Student Government website – sg.gmu.edu
- October 2nd at 4:30pm – Elected Candidates 1st Senate Meeting in Johnson Center Meeting Room G
Planning to come to Summer Orientation? Make sure to stop by the Student Involvement tables & sessions to learn more about elections & speak to us directly!