Every Fall, 10 seats in the Student Senate are reserved for freshman & transfer students ONLY! The Fall election timeline is below, but if you have any questions, please feel free to email SGEDC@gmu.edu. If you’re interested in joining a different branch either though the Executive Cabinet OR the Elections & Disputes Commission, please email SG@gmu.edu. Thank you!
2015 Fall Election Timeline
- SEPTEMBER 8th at 12pm – Election packets available in Student Involvement, located in The HUB, Suite 2300 (middle floor)
- SEPTEMBER 18th at 12pm – Election packets DUE back to Student Involvement, located in The HUB, Suite 2300 (middle floor)
- SEPTEMBER 23rd – Candidates notified of their candidacy status
- September 24th – MANDATORY Candidate Meeting at 5:00pm in The HUB, Meeting Room 5
- September 28th at 12:01am – Campaigning BEGINS for Fall candidates
- October 6th at 12:00am – Elections OPEN on getconnected.gmu.edu
- October 7th at 11:59pm – Elections CLOSE on getconnected.gmu.edu
- OCTOBER 8th by 12:00pm – Election Results Announced
- ALL Candidates will be emailed directly by 12pm and the results will also be posted at the front of the Office of Student Involvement, as well as on the Student Government website – sg.gmu.edu
- October 8th at 4:30pm – Elected Candidates 1st Senate Meeting in Merten Hall, Room 1202
- October 10th – MANDATORY Fall Retreat with all SG Members, 10am – 4pm, Student Involvement Office (The HUB)
Coming to summer Orientation? Be sure to stop by the Student Involvement tables OR come to our Patriot Information Session to learn more and ask questions directly! We look forward to meeting you!