General Election Information
Fall 2021 Election Results
View the Fall 2021 Election Results Here! Congratulations to Everyone!
Spring 2021 Elections Results
View the Spring 2021 Election Results Here! Congratulations to Everyone!
Fall Freshman/Transfer Elections
Each fall, Student Government hosts an election that is only open to incoming freshmen and transfer students. This election has 10 open seats and allows for representation from the incoming class. Election information is available usually in September. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spring Student Body Elections
Each spring, Student Government hosts an election for Student Body President, Vice President, and 30 Student Senator positions. The Student Body President and Vice President run as a combined ticket and students running for Senate can choose to run alone or with a “coalition” or group of other students (please keep in mind that each member must still be elected). For more information please email email@example.com.
Election Forms and Documents
- Application Link
- If you have attended a candidate meeting, click the link above to go directly to the Mason360 Form and officially file for candidacy. If you have any questions or problems with the form please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Election Code
- Please see the linked document below. The Election Code is presented by the Chair of the Elections and Disputes Commission to the Student Senate every Spring before the Spring Student Body Elections. The Student Senate must vote to pass any changes to the Code. This version is passed for the 2020 Election Cycle. Any inquiries can be directed to the Commission by emailing email@example.com.
- Organization Endorsement Form
- As outlined in the Election Code, any candidate that is running for office in a Student Body Election (spring or fall) will be required to submit any organizational endorsements in writing to the Elections and Disputes Commission. This form must be completed by the Registered Student Organization’s President together with the candidate they are endorsing. Students may not get endorsements from Campus Departments (i.e. Student Media or Student Involvement). The endorsement must be from a Registered Student Organization or a recognized Fraternity or Sorority.
- Candidate Campaign Roster
- According to the Election Code, the candidate must provide the Elections and Disputes Commission with documentation of who is on the campaign team with this individual or team.
- Candidate Statement Form
- According to the Election Code Section 4.10, Candidates for Senate are entitled to have an at most 300-character statement appear by their names on the ballot. Candidates for Executive Office are entitled to have an at most 600-character statement appear by their names on the ballot. Candidates wishing to submit a statement must submit a Candidate Statement Form. Failure to submit a statement will not invalidate a candidate, but that candidate will not have a statement appear next to their name.
- Candidate Expense Form
- All candidates must submit their expenses for campaigning using the Candidate Expense Form. The limits for candidates are currently set as follows: Senate Candidates can spend up to $350 and Executive Ticket Candidates can spend up to $1000. This is outlined in the Election Code Title VI, Financial Regulations. Once filled out candidates should submit their form to the Mason360 Form.
- Election Grievance Form
- If at any time in the election period, you feel that a section of the Election Code has been violated, you may file this form with the Elections and Disputes Commission. Please note that this form must be submitted to be considered by the Commission.
- Write-In Candidacy Declaration Form
- Students that did not attend a candidate meeting and fill out the candidacy application may run as write-in candidates. Write-in candidates will not have their name shown on the ballot, and instead, they must have their name written in to receive a vote. Write-in candidates are not entitled to candidate statements. If you have any questions or problems with the form please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
View the Fall 2020 Election results here! Congratulations to all the new Senators.