Safe Return to Rec at Mason
If you are anything like me, then you have been missing the gym the last few months. Luckily, recreation at Mason – yes, gyms included – has returned. However, there’s a few important detail you need to know before hitting the gym.
Mason Recreation published this short, 2-minute video detailing the steps they are taking for a safe return.
In addition, check out their latest message to the community. Here are some key things you need to know:
- You need to make a reservation to use all workout facilities on campus. You can learn how to do that by watching this video.
- You must complete a daily health screening before entering, and ideally before you come to campus. Students can access this by going to Blackboard and clicking “Access the Journal” at the top of the page.
- Masks are required at all times, including while exercising.
- Patrons will be provided a spray bottle and towel are should clean the equipment before and after each use.
- Lockers and cubbies will be closed, so come changed and ready to exercise. You may bring a small bag with you to keep at all times.
Currently, all recreation facilities (except Skyline) are open under Level 1 precautions. You can view the full schedule here.
We hope you have a safe and fun time at the gym!